Get answers to the most frequently asked questions
Pile is a Crypto-as-a-Service provider. Crypto-as-a-Service solutions (CaaS), allow you to easily integrate crypto and decentralized finance products to your existing infrastructure, offering a flexible, fast, and compliant way to bring new products to market while opening up new revenue streams, attracting new customers and increasing customer retention.
End-users who want access to crypto and DeFi products can gain it directly in your product, avoiding switching costs and having a seamless user experience from a single point of contact.
At the moment we offer 3 products:
At Pile security and risk management is our priority and we build our product always with this in mind. We take the best practices from the blockchain and software world and make sure we can provide reliable software that is built to sustain security over the long term.
Here are some of the ways we make sure your assets are secured:
- We offer self-custodial wallets to our customers so that they are always the only owner of their private key. None else can access their assets nor can stop them to retrieve them.
- The smart contracts deployed as part of the DeFi access layer have access control built into them. It means only the owner of the set up Pile funds have the ability to deploy funds into protocols. The contracts also do not allow people with no access or shares in a Pile fund to withdraw funds in any way.
- We select protocols that have shown a track record over time, have a high level of value locked in, collateral and are fully audited on a recurring basis.
- All our smart contracts are fully audited by industry leading auditors.
- All of our smart contracts and APIs are covered with unit test and thoroughly tested internally before reaching you on our sandbox
If you are interested in learning more about how we manage security and risk don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com.
At the moment we offer access to more than 15 protocols and are always working on adding more. The protocols we can currently offer are: Aave, Compound, Convex, Curve, Idle, Lido, Maple, Liquify, OlympusV2, Paraswapv5, Pooltogether, Synthetix, Uniswap, Uniswap-v3, Yearn, 0x.
We only integrate with some of the more robust protocols that have a proven track record and significant value locked within. We only consider protocols that are audited and we can fully grasp the associated potential risks by going over the history of the protocol and its audit report to ensure highest levels of security.
The return will depend on the protocol you choose to deposit assets in. We make sure that you are always aware of how your and your customer money are performing by providing you our GET fund performance API.
Pile API allows you to decide if you want to specify gas fee prices upfront and increase speed of transaction or if you would just like to get the market price. In case the gas fee is omitted we rely on our own Ethereum node providers to provide us with the current standard market rate for the gas. We do so via the GET /gas-price that will return the current gas price you omit to specify the gas price yourself.
Pile is a Crypto-as-a-Service platform offering a set of APIs to easily integrate with. Our team is more than happy to assist and provide best practices when it comes to building the frontend, however we do not provide a plug-in frontend at this point in time.
We are currently in the process of acquiring the needed licenses, we will be able to share more as soon as the process is completed.
This will usually depend on the details of your business model but in most cases no as we will be covering that for you. We will be able to tell you more about what the license covers over our intro call.